Monday, April 15, 2013

Simon Say Stamp Challenge: April Showers and/or Spring Flowers

This is my entry for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge: April Showers and/or Spring Flowers. Clearly I am choosing the Spring Flowers portion of it.
This is the picture I am choosing to put as the entry picture but I decided to take several to give you all a taste of what it looks like and to "date" it as much as I can. =)

This is my entry for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge: April Showers and/or Spring Flowers. They encouraged you to use Hero Arts and while I don't have a lot of Hero Arts stamps I do have one that is a huge beautiful flower, CL518. I decided to paper piece it and then use Bic Mark-its over it as it needed a little extra detail and depth. I then used a sentiment from Lawn Fawn's "Hello Friend" and it fit perfectly. I like that the flower is going off the edge of the paper and I love the subtlety yet depth of using patterned paper instead of just plain card stock. I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink and I had to use a heat tool to dry the ink otherwise it takes way too long to dry as my climate is a little too humid -- I even have to do that with chalk ink or else it will smear. I was going to add some washi tape that coordinated but I decided that would be too busy.

Go check out the Simon Say Stamp Challenge blog by clicking the link below.

Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog

Supplies I used to make this card. Plus my Cricut Paper Trimmer, Martha Stewart Score Board, We R Memory Keeper's Stylus, and the Darice Heat Tool.

1 comment:

  1. How gorgeous :) Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge, hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! XD